Mike Honda Goals
Nanotechnology - Ensure the proper implementation of the recently passed Nanotechnology bill, and position Silicon Valley to take advantage of federal funding opportunities.
· Wireless Security - Undertake legislative efforts to establish long-term wireless security research goals and authorize funding to reach these objectives.
· BART Extension to San Jose - Secure appropriations for the BART extension to San Jose and authorize the project in the forthcoming reauthorization of TEA21.
· Air Freight Rates - Continue to work with the Department of Transportation to ensure its fair evaluation of the low density, air freight issue.
· Education – Promote full funding of IDEA, No Child Left Behind, and work towards passage of the Teacher Mentoring Act in both the Senate and House. Pursue legislative opportunities in science education.
· Energy – Encourage the use of renewable energy technologies and distributed generation through financial incentives that were not included in the comprehensive energy package still under Congressional consideration.